The Clinical Nurse Educator leads and supports quality care outcomes through educational program planning, collaboration with members of the interprofessional team, implementation and evaluation processes to enhance knowledge, skills, and professionalism of clinical staff. The mission, vision, and values of the Interprofessional Practice Program are achieved through education, clinical practice, and research processes. Interested applicants should should apply to job 5591 through the career opportunities portion of our website. This job will be posted until it is filled.
RVH Career Opportunities - Job 5591
- Professional Development Customer Development:
- Act as a mentor in clinical decision making.
- Lead and facilitate clinical questioning, decision making, and critical thinking among staff.
- Role model positive attitudes and RVH values.
- Advocate that College Legislation, regulations, standards and guidelines are met Facilitate staff participation in initiatives which promote the profession.
- Encourage, promote, and facilitate continuous learning to constantly improve clinical practice.
- Create an environment that encourages professional development while incorporating a novice to expert approach.
- Promote maintenance of privacy and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate responsibility and self-direction for own professional
- development through ongoing continuing education.
- Support ongoing development of professional and educational institution skills through reflective practice.
- Liaise with external professional organizations as necessary.
- Promote a positive environment for learning and professional development.
- Provide education opportunities on clinical practice and skills for staff.
- Act as an education consultant for clinical staff.
- Address unit specific education issues and provide educational needs assessment and analysis.
- Incorporate adult learning principles in the planning, design, delivery, and evaluation of educational programs using multiple methodologies.
- Research and prepare education materials using a variety of different media.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to the practice setting.
- Provide information and support to members of the interprofessional health care team.
- Act as a mentor and facilitate staff involvement in unit presentations, research projects, etc.
- Provide leadership in facilitating clinical practice changes at the unit and program level, as well as hospital wide initiatives, in collaboration with members of the interprofessional team.
- Develop, disseminate and sustain nursing specific and interprofessional standards of care, medical directives, policies and procedures, department protocols and pre-printed orders.
- Liaise with community agencies regarding clinical practices.
- Conduct annual learning needs assessment for the profession and development strategies for both profession specific and interprofessional learning.
- Promotes and facilitates professional development and ongoing learning and education both within and across professions.
Corporate Contribution Impact of Change:
- Consult with clinical staff and interprofessional teams on complex education or patient care needs.
- Consult with managers regarding practice issues and education needs of clinical staff.
- Consult and participate on a variety of interprofessional hospital committees.
- Consult and participate in corporate initiatives.
Research and Evidence Based Practice:
- Fosters an environment that cultivates evidence-based practice, continuous quality improvement, scientific inquiry and research within the discipline and across patient care teams Promote and integrate evidence-based clinical research into practice.
- Promote and facilitate policy and procedure development based on research or standards of practice, in collaboration with others.
- Promote and participate in research activities and evidence-based practice.
- Participate in and cultivate opportunities for clinically based research, professional presentations and publications
- Please Note: Portfolios among Clinical Nurse Educators may change at any time to meet program needs. However, current needs are for an experienced Clinical Nurse Educator in Cardiac Catheterization Lab.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) Certification in related area of expertise preferred or started within one year of start date of Clinical Educator position.
- Must maintain CNA Certification once obtained.
- Minimum of five years recent full time acute clinical practice experience with demonstrated clinical excellence in cardiovascular care, specifically the Cath Lab (i.e. experience performing angiograms, angioplasty and caring for the acute ST Elevated Myocardial Infarction Patient).
- Previous Clinical Nurse Educator experience is required. Previous Professional Practice experience is preferred.
- Competencies: Current Registration with the College Of Nurses of Ontario is required.
- Critical Care certificate required, with consideration given to those with Coronary Care I & II.
- Intra-aortic Balloon Pump experience is preferred.
- Current BCLS required.
- Current ACLS required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Registered Nurses of Ontario Membership (RNAO) required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and to foster an environment which promotes professional development.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and objectives within a specified time frame.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills. Familiarity with pertinent legislation related to institutional health care and health care providers.
- Demonstrated ability to energize, coach, mentor, encourage, and support.