The Infant Care Consultant provides direct assistance and consultation to social workers, families and caretakers of high-risk infants under the ages of eighteen months where safety, medical fragility and physical and developmental well-being require specialized monitoring.
Key responsibilities include:
• Collaborating with social workers to augment the assessments and planning for children under the age of 18 months that are involved with the agency
• Assessing and intensively monitoring the safety, physical and developmental well-being of infants and strengthening the skills of caregivers
• Ensuring appropriate services are provided to high-risk infants including collaboration with community resources and programs
• Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Nursing diploma/degree from a recognized college/university
• At least 2 years of related experience in paediatric nursing, Public Health or equivalent experience
• Previous experience in Child Welfare is considered beneficial
Specific Skills & Experience:
• Good skills related to child welfare/paediatric nursing assessments and assessment of family dynamics
• Ability to work independently in the community, good problem solving skills
• Knowledge and skills to support and teach caregivers in building parenting capacity
• Enhanced skill and knowledge identifying high-risk infants and their needs
• Expertise in completing detailed comprehensive assessments on infants and the parenting that is being provided
• Good verbal and written communication skills, particularly with recordings and reports
• Proficiency in the French language considered an asset
Hours of Work:
• 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday
• Working hours may vary and applicants must be flexible to work outside of standard office hours
Please submit your resume via email quoting "PCAS16-060" on the subject line to: email@example.com by February 24, 2017.
Peel Children's Aid is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform human resources so that we can ensure your equal participation in this process.