Regional Learning Centre
Permanent Full-Time Community Educator
Reporting to the Community Education Lead, the Community Educator:
- Teaches relevant clinical knowledge and skill to personal support workers (PSWs), supervisors and family caregivers.
- Develops, implements and evaluates training in a multi-organizational setting.
- Effectively collaborates with community stakeholders to deliver education, training and special projects.
- Supports the MH LHIN RLC Education infrastructure and related corporate projects.
- Fosters information sharing and awareness to ensure uptake of best practices and quality service delivery.
As the successful candidate, your education and experience includes:
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Master’s Degree in related field (Education preferred) or comparable experience in the community.
- Thorough understanding of the Principles of Adult Learning.
- Experience designing, developing and delivering education.
- Recent experience working in the community sector with PSWs, clients and family caregivers.
- Knowledge of PSW scope of practice preferred.
- Certificate in Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) and/or Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) preferred.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to inspire, promote and motivate staff to engage in life long learning activities.
- Ability to research and reference information to ensure all created educational content is evidence informed.
- Proven leadership abilities, organizational and time management skills.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring staff.
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve best possible quality education delivery and exceptional learning experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and a passion for delivering exceptional service.
- Ability to work independently and successfully managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and related technologies.
While much of the work will be conducted at the Oakville location, the successful applicant is required to have access to a reliable vehicle in order to travel to facilitate delivery of education.
Interested and qualified applicants can apply by forwarding their cover letter and resume, referring Job Posting # 00163 to Human Resources: email@example.com
Job Posting Date: March 1, 2017 until filled.
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply. Nucleus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Nucleus Independent Living welcomes and encourages applications from those with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request. We thank all candidates, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.