Site: The Westwood
Employment Type: Full Time
Expiraton Date: 03/03/2017
Reporting to the Director of Health & Wellness, the Associate Director of Health & Wellness assists with the overall management of the nursing program for the residents.
Assists the Director of Health and Wellness with the following:
- Plans, directs, co-ordinates and supervises the overall nursing program for residents within the residence.
- Co-ordinates and promotes the interdisciplinary approach within the residence through the Nursing, Food Services, Activation, Environmental Service and Administrative Departments.
- Implements and monitors controls and safekeeping of drugs and narcotics. Supervises the drug administration program including the administration of medication by all staff.
- Directs and monitors the maintenance of health care records to ensure promote compliance with regulations and quality care for the resident.
- Participates in Care Conferences as required, meets with residents' family to resolve problems/ concerns/complaints.
- Assists the Executive Director by collaborating with the House Physician to ensure that medical attention and records are in compliance with regulations.
- Hires, orients, schedules, supervise and evaluate the performance of nursing personnel. This includes use of the disciplinary process in conjunction with Executive Director.
- Monitors and reviews resident care staff compliance with all residence policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices.
- Complies with all relevant Provincial and Federal Acts and Regulations, i.e. Health Disciplines Act, Human Rights Code, Labour Relations Act, WSIB, College of Nurses Standards, Regulated Health Profession Act., etc.
- Assists the Executive Director with budget preparation and implementation for the Nursing Department.
- Investigates complaints.
- Co-ordinates and monitors the Infection Control Program for the Nursing Department.
- Assumes administrative duties as required in the Executive Director's absence.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse with The College of Nurses is required.
- A minimum of three years relevant experience in organizational management, retirement and/or long-term care. Current C.P.R. designation required.
- Professional competencies related to communication, life-long learning, public relations and health environment awareness.
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
- Must be able to work weekends