Division: Long Term Care
Site: Mackenzie Place
Employment Type: Full Time Contract
Expiraton Date: 01/03/2017
Starting April 2017- Maternity Leave Contract
Reporting to the Director of Care, the Associate Director of Care in collaboration with the Director of Care, is responsible for developing the philosophy of nursing, statement of purpose for nursing services, goals and objectives, policies and procedures and the description of nursing functions.
In collaboration with the Director of Care:
- To collaborate with the Executive Director to select, orient and monitor the performance of departmental and program managers
- To plan, direct , develop, co-ordinate, implement and evaluate resident care services
- To align resident care services with the defined needs of the internal and external community
- To oversee the financial and human resource management aspects of the Nursing department
- To maintain the nursing department in accordance with legislative and professional standards
- To maintain a liaison with hospital, medical staff, community and health care related disciplines and partner to ensure the most effective provision of care delivery in the home
- To hire, direct, supervise, evaluate, promote or terminate care staff
- To ensure quality care and a safe, effective and efficient work environment
- To ensure the availability and maintenance of Nursing Department supplies and equipment to meet the departmental needs in a fiscally responsible manner
- To discuss and collaborate with the Director of Care on issues relating to Infection Control and co-ordinate associated monitoring activities within the home
- To assume responsibilities of the Director of Care as required in their absence;
- To be knowledgeable of the Resident Bill of Rights/Governing Principles and endeavor to promote it
- To ensure resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives are promoted
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct
- To complete all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working as a Registered Nurse in the long-term care sector;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working as a Registered Nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting;
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the applicable Provincial licensing body is required;
- Current CPR designation is required;
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills;
- Professional competencies related to life-long learning, public relations and health environment awareness;
- Possession of strong motivational, team building and time management skills.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).