POSITION: NON UNION
Mental Health Therapist – One (1) Full Time
Mental Health Rapid Response - Peel Memorial Centre for integrated Health & Wellness
POSTING NUMBER: OSLER00885
HOURS: Days and Evenings, 8 hours with the possibility of weekends
(Subject to change in accordance with the operational requirements)
- Masters Degree in a related health field required (Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapist, Counselling/Psychology) with a combination of relevant experience in Mental Health and Addictions.
- Member of a regulatory College in good standing.
- Minimum 3-5 years recent working in mental health and addictions is essential, preferably in an acute or community setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and advocate for individuals with severe and persistent Mental Illness.
- Demonstrated experience in psychosocial assessment and ability to provide appropriate interventions, including crisis intervention.
- Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of Best Practice Guidelines in Crisis Intervention and Crisis theory
- Demonstrated ability in providing brief therapy and solution-focused counselling
- Demonstrated commitment to providing quality customer service to various client populations (patients and families) as well as various clinical professionals
- Experience in developing and conducting groups.
- Sound knowledge of community resources and the ability to refer accordingly.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in working within an interdisciplinary setting
- Ability to function both independently and as a team player.
- Excellent attendance, punctuality and work record.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- May be required to travel and/or work between all Osler sites
Reporting to the Manager of, Mental Health Rapid Response Follow-Up Clinic, and in collaboration with the Professional Leader, Social Work, the Mental Health Therapist will:
- Work as part of a Team in managing the referrals to the both Rapid Response and Centralized Intake and Triage in a timely and responsive manner.
- Conduct psychosocial assessments and provide short term intervention.
- Will provide crisis intervention and solution-focused counselling to patients and their families accordingly.
- Will provide referrals to community resources.
- Will work directly with multi-disciplinary staff, internally and externally, to ensure that patient needs are met.
- Will provide group therapy.
- Participates within a multidisciplinary team in program planning, development and implementation.
- Provides community consultation and education with respect to mental health issues.