Markham Stouffville Hospital is a large community hospital with two sites – Markham and Uxbridge that has a reputation for excellence in progressive community care. Having recently completed an expansion and renovation project, the hospital is uniquely positioned with cutting edge technology, expansive new facilities and a supportive and welcoming community. With a focus on patient experience, safe, high quality care and innovation, our dedicated team of physicians, staff and volunteers provides care to over 300,000 patients a year. The hospital has capacity to grow a number of programs and services as we evolve to meet the needs of our growing community. We are dedicated to providing access to the right care, at the right time, in the right place by the right people and at the right cost. Are you ready to join us?
As a Registered Nurse in the Childbirth and Children’s Centre, you will be part of a health care team that promotes the birthing experience as a normal, healthy process and the family as an integral part of that experience. You will be expected to provide care through the antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum phases in a single room maternity care setting and may be required to provide support to other areas of the childbirth and children’s center as needed.
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses
- BScN preferred or evidence of working towards it
- Minimum of 2 years of recent perinatal experience preferred
- Peri-operative experience
- Current neonatal resuscitation (N.R.P.)
- Current BCLS certification
- Current AWHONN or PPPESO Fetal Monitoring Certification
- Completion of a breastfeeding course, or a commitment to complete within 3 months of employment
- Perinatal/Obstetrical Certificate Program an asset
- RNAO membership is preferred
- Excellent physical assessment skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to a patient/family centred care environment
- Demonstrated excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an interprofessional team as well as independently
- Well developed organization, communication, interpersonal and teaching skills
- Evidence of ongoing professional development, continuing education and leadership experience
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Demonstrated commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, patients, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with hospital related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing relevant mandatory education as required
Markham Stouffville Hospital is committed to meeting the needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by clicking here.