The Technical Manager, Point of Care is accountable for the technical oversight of Point-of-Care (POC) program development and testing nationally.
The Technical Manager, Point of Care reports into the Senior National Manager – Clinical Operations and supports in achieving new service delivery objectives, quality and regulatory compliance, financial performance, continuous improvement, and patient/client satisfaction. The incumbent will work directly with the Medical Scientific team, Quality and Regulatory Affairs, IT, Laboratory Operations, Business Development and POC team managing the POC testing, evaluation department and coordinates activities with other areas of the organization and with internal and external customers to ensure that high quality standards are met.
• Provide collaborative leadership with external customers (patients, providers) and internal team in driving innovation and the development of new product and services that support business growth
• Accountability for the achievement of goals and targets related to safety, people, quality, and the cost effective delivery of diagnostic services within department
• Overall responsibility for the efficient day to day operation of the department, including planning, coordination, evaluation and supervision of all technical and/or operational activities and management of all employees in the department
• Develops annual budget plan aligned to strategic and operational planning and manages budget for department
• Prepares regular reports on department KPIs
• Proactive leadership operating on a 3-12 month planning and goal horizon
• Develops and leads implementation teams for all new equipment and technology to ensure the delivery of timely, quality results
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, including the articulation of complex technical problems
• Foster a continuous improvement culture and leverage Lean/Six Sigma methodology to drive improved process performance and stability.
• Develop and optimize systems that assure regulatory adherence and minimize business risk
• Participates in the development and implements the annual business plan including setting objectives and targets, developing strategies for integration of new business and leading special projects
• Provide leadership, change management and development to all direct and indirect reports, ensuring all individual and team accountabilities are delivered upon
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory standards, testing protocols and medical standards within department
• Liaising with QA tracks and implements quality systems initiatives in accordance with corporate policies and professional standards
• Maintain membership in good standing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario and/or Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science
• Ensure that all laboratory Policies and Procedures are current, implemented and followed.
• Proactively model a behaviour that values Safety as the first priority in all that is done.
• Accountable for escalating all safety incidents as established by EH&S guidelines.
• Accountable for the coordination and reporting of investigations, root cause analysis, and recommendations to the Director.
• Review EHS monthly inspection sign off and work with Health and Safety representative to recommend corrective action
• Consistently works in compliance with all LifeLabs’ health and safety policies and procedures, and in accordance with the following regulatory guidelines. Qualifications
• College Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology or equivalent education and experience.
• Current registration with College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario is required
• Current registration with Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science is preferred
• 3 - 5 years leadership experience required
• Travel will be required to LifeLabs offices and Laboratories
Please note: The Technical Manager, Point of Care position may be based in Toronto, ON or Burnaby, BC
To apply for this position please click or copy and paste this link https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=44144&company=LifeLabs&username=