Reporting to Manager of Coronary Care/ Intensive Care Units, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, planning implementation and evaluating nursing care and practice activities in a multidisciplinary family centered care environment. Patient caseload includes critically ill coronary patients, critically ill oncology patients, high-risk obstetrical patients, and acute medical-surgical patients.
• Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• BScN preferred
• Competent to perform CPR at a basic Cardiac Life Support level
• Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
• Coronary Care or Critical Care Certificate from a recognized institution
• Coronary Care or Critical Care experience with ventilators
• Minimum of one (1) year’s recent ICU/critical care experience including ventilators
• Minimum two (2) year’s recent acute medical/surgical experience
• Health Assessment course or equivalent experience
• Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
• Excellent communication, documentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
• Ability to work well independently and to exercise sound judgement
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the position
• Demonstrated pattern of excellent attendance and work record
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to Rouge Valley's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
• Exposure to Lean principles, an understanding of methodologies and tools and a commitment to the use of these in support of providing the best healthcare experience possible to our patients
Please visit our website at www.rougevalley.ca/careers to apply for this posting.
Posting number: 16-ONA-3053
Job ID#: J0916-0335
Rouge Valley Health System (RVHS) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.