The Registered Nurse is responsible to the Director of Care for provision, implementation and supervision of resident care to ensure quality of life for each individual resident. Delivers care, which is individualized and resident-focused. Required to assist with the planning and development of the resident care plan, which support the effective and efficient management of the nursing department. The Registered Nurse is expected to work in conjunction with all other departments in terms of care delivery.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
2. Basic computer skills and current CPR certified.
3. Bachelor’s degree in nursing; or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
4. PIECES and or CAPCE / palliative level two preferred
1. Three to five years experience as a registered nurse, preferably with experience in a long term care setting.
2. Experience supervising other employees.
3. Experience with documentation relative to MDS RAI and the use of PCC.
4. Skilled in terms of the nursing process in order to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
Application can be made through our corporate website at http://www.brucecounty.on.ca by following the link on the Employment tab to current opportunities.