This is an excellent opportunity to join the Casey House team as we prepare to open our brand new state-of-the-art facility in March 2017. Casey House’s new facility will support our overall goal of establishing a centre of excellence in HIV/AIDS clinical care, education and research that addresses the unmet health needs of people living with HIV/AIDS.
We are recruiting for multiple positions to join Casey House’s new Day Health Program – if you have a passion and interest in supporting people with complex medical and psycho-social needs and have an interest in health equity, mental health and harm reduction, consider this opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our clients.
Position: Nurse Practitioner
Reports to: Director of Clinical Programs, Chief Nursing Executive
Hours: 7.5/day, 37.5/week
Status: 1.0 FTE Full Time Permanent
Reporting to the Chief Nursing Executive/Director of Clinical Programs, and working in close collaboration with Physicians and other members of the inter-professional team, the newly created Nurse Practitioner role will provide primary care services to clients with a strong emphasis on clinical management of signs and symptoms associated with HIV/AIDS and other common co-morbidities including client education, medication adherence, mental health supports and harm reduction strategies. The Nurse Practitioner will be a close partner to the Clinical Manager in the planning, coordination and delivery of services to Day Health Program clients. Working in collaboration with an inter-professional team, the Nurse Practitioner will share expertise and knowledge of disease management and healthy living with clients and their support systems. The Nurse Practitioner will also have the opportunity to initiate Nurse Practitioner care within an ambulatory care setting.
- Working collaboratively with the Medical Director and other physicians and within the scope of practice, performs comprehensive health or symptom directed assessment and synthesizes data from multiple sources to make a diagnosis when required or develop a treatment plan within an ambulatory care setting.
- Facilitates discussion with clients to determine existing and potential health concerns with a focus on related lifestyle, psychological, and environmental risk factors which may influence the client’s health status.
- Works within care pathways medical directives, guidelines and protocols as established by the Casey House Quality Committee, orders appropriate investigations and interprets results of screening and diagnostic laboratory tests; determines need for diagnostic imaging, orders and interprets reports of diagnostic imaging.
- Provides advanced nursing care and treatment; monitors ongoing therapy of patients; implements strategies to promote independent and healthy lifestyles
- Together with the Clinical Manager and Advanced Practice Nurse, identify and address opportunities to improve staff performance and clinical care by providing direction, review performance, motivating change and promoting equality. Provides leadership to the community nursing care team related to direct nursing care.
- In collaboration with General Practitioners in the community and other community providers, provides health promotion, disease and injury prevention, rehabilitation and support programs to clients.
- Uphold personal and professional ethics and values, taking into account the values of the organization and respecting the culture, beliefs and abilities of individuals.
- Promotes an environment that creates a climate of continuous quality improvement.
- Promotes the sharing of information and resources.
- Program planning and evaluation.
- Engage in and promote program research and development of special projects.
- Engage in inter-professional academic opportunities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Council of Ontario Universities Program in Nursing Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Program Certificate (or recognized equivalent)
- Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing required, Master of Science in Nursing preferred
- Demonstrated experience in clinical practice, research and leadership
- Extensive knowledge of clinical best practices for the care and treatment of clients with complex medical and co-morbid conditions with associated mental health and substance use issues in a community, complex care and/or primary care setting
- Experience working with clients with HIV/AIDS preferred
- Excellent communication, relationship building, negotiation research and teaching skills
- Demonstrated experience in working within a harm reduction and anti-oppression framework
- Proven ability to encourage contribution, and creating an environment in which others have the confidence and opportunity to contribute
- Ability to collaborate within and across internal and external systems playing a vital role in the delivery of services
At Casey House, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those living with HIV/AIDS. Casey House is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your cover letter, together with an updated resume, to email@example.com.
Please insert: Application for Nurse Practitioner in the email subject line.
POSTED DATE: December 7, 2016
CLOSING DATE: December 15, 2016