This is an excellent opportunity to join the Casey House team as we prepare to open our brand new state-of-the-art facility in March 2017. Casey House’s new facility will support our overall goal of establishing a centre of excellence in HIV/AIDS clinical care, education and research that addresses the unmet health needs of people living with HIV/AIDS.
We are recruiting for multiple positions to join Casey House’s new Day Health Program – if you have a passion and interest in supporting people with complex medical and psycho-social needs and have an interest in health equity, mental health and harm reduction, consider this opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our clients.
Position: Advanced Practice Nurse
Reports to: Director of Clinical Programs, Chief Nursing Executive
Hours: 7.5/day, 37.5/week
Status: 1.0 FTE Full Time Permanent
Reporting to the Chief Nursing Executive/Director of Clinical Programs, the Advanced Practice Nurse will contribute to the quality of client care through abilities such as: advanced practitioner, educator, researcher, and consultant. Professional Practice leadership will span both the inpatient and community programs as well as planning for the new Day Health Program. Together with senior and professional practice teams there will be participation in program planning and evaluation to develop care pathways and enhance client outcomes.
- Provide professional practice leadership across programs in Casey House with initial focus on the inpatient unit and subsequently including all clinical programs.
- Role model clinical practice in complex care situations.
- Implement and evaluate best practice guidelines for clients with complex medical, mental health and substance use challenges.
- Provide consultation services for nurses and other health care professionals across all programs.
- Promote and facilitate research and academic activity by developing educational resource material.
- Supervising/Mentoring undergraduate nursing students and new nurses to the environment.
- Teaching/mentoring/coaching frontline staff for medical, mental health and substance use skills.
- Together with the Clinical Manager and Nurse Practitioner, identify and address opportunities to improve staff performance and clinical care by providing direction, review performance, motivating change and promoting equality.
- Uphold personal and professional ethics and values, taking into account the values of the organization and respecting the culture, beliefs and abilities of individuals.
- Promotes an environment that creates a climate of continuous quality improvement.
- Promote the sharing of information and resources.
- Program planning and evaluation.
- Engage in and promote program research and development of special projects.
- Engage in inter-professional academic opportunities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario with a Master’s degree in Nursing
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience involving medically complex clients with mental health and substance use issues
- Canadian Nurses Association certification in psychiatric/mental health nursing is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in providing leadership in clinical practice, research and education.
- Excellent communication, relationship building, negotiation, research and teaching skills
- Extensive knowledge of clinical best practices for the care and treatment of clients with complex medical and co-morbid conditions with associated mental health and substance use issues in a community, complex care and/or primary care setting.
- Experience working with clients with HIV/AIDS preferred
- Demonstrated experience in working within a harm reduction and anti-oppression framework
- Proven ability to encourage contribution, and creating an environment in which others have the confidence and opportunity to contribute
- Ability to collaborate within and across internal and external systems playing a vital role in the delivery of services.
At Casey House, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those living with HIV/AIDS. Casey House is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your cover letter, together with an updated resume, to email@example.com.
Please insert: Application for Advanced Practice Nurse in the email subject line.
POSTED DATE: December 7, 2016
CLOSING DATE: December 15, 2016