Our strategic direction is to deliver care that has value through our patients’ eyes. Our vision, our promise, is to deliver an excellent patient care experience every time and we are investing in our capacity to do so.
Working in collaboration with the Planned Care Value Stream Leader, the Manager of Surgical Services will be accountable for four (4) areas consisting of:
Surgical Suite - 4 operating rooms with one endoscopy suite, performing a wide variety of General, Orthopaedic, Urology, ENT, OB/Gyn, Ophthalmology, and Maxillofacial and dental surgical procedures;
OPS/PACU - 9 bays providing post anaesthetic care for adult and pediatric patients following any surgical or diagnostic procedure requiring anesthesia; 12 bays providing out-patient surgical service preparing patients for surgery, second phase recovery and discharge following an out-patient surgical procedure;
In-Patient Surgical - A 20 bed surgical unit.
The Manager utilizes clinical and leadership skills to ensure quality patient care through the planning, operational management, coordination of human, physical and financial resources, application of core competencies and the collaboration with members of the interdisciplinary clinical care team in a unionized environment.
This is a unique career-building opportunity for a leader to showcase their strengths and talents in process redesign, program evaluation and development while using LEAN leadership methodology and principles. The incumbent will play a leadership role in developing care strategies and will work collaboratively to ensure quality service delivery in a timely and safe manner within a high paced environment.
In support of our core values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety, we look forward to hearing from leaders who are looking for a challenge in leading a team as we move forward in a care delivery model that ensures quality patient/family care.
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BScN) Degree or an undergraduate degree in a related field required;
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive leadership experience;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a surgical environment;
- Demonstrated ability to develop, monitor, analyze and evaluate operational and capital budgets.
- Demonstrated experience in program development and evaluation, project management;
- Experience in a LEAN environment with a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt in Healthcare or higher would be an asset.
- Demonstrated evidence-based decision making, critical thinking and problem solving;
- Demonstrated leadership, team development, and facilitation skills coupled with superior interpersonal, relationship and communication skills;
- Demonstrates STEGH values and the ability to promote values of shared leadership and inter-professional team collaboration;
- Demonstrated learning agility and commitment to professional development and the development of others;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a wide range of professionals;
- Ability to research leading practice and implement quality based programming and seek to exceed industry benchmarks and performance metrics;
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis