At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
Northern College is seeking a faculty member for the Baccalaureate Nursing/Practical Nursing Programs, beginning in August 2017.
DUTIES: The successful candidate will:
- be expected to teach Nursing and Sciences courses in all years of the programs as well be able to supervise students in clinical settings;
- act as an academic advisor to students within the program,
- participate as an effective team leader and team member in working groups at Northern College,
- create a positive teaching/learning environment,
- use a variety of teaching/learning strategies and materials in a multi-delivery mode setting to facilitate student success,
- provide leadership in a multicultural classroom,
- ensure program relevance by designing, revising and updating curriculum and course outlines,
- evaluate student achievement with a variety of approaches and techniques,
- develop and revise appropriate learning resources,
- establish communications among students and colleagues as a teacher and leader,
- participate in professional development activities at Northern College relevant to his/her own needs and participate effectively in program promotion and initiate/participate in ongoing nursing research and scholarship.
This position requires strong leadership skills, visionary capacity and commitment to positive community development.
- PhD or Master’s degree in Nursing or Health related field(essential)
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in Nursing Research
- Familiarity and experience with NCLEX structure and teaching preparation requirements, as well as CASN/CNO accreditation requirements
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Must have minimum of five years of clinical practice in an acute care/community setting
- Active medical nursing experience in past 4 years will be considered an asset
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid
- Ability to work effectively with Microsoft Word Processing Program
- Ability to work effectively in Blackboard will be considered an asset
- Criminal record clearance and College immunization requirements for health sciences
- Previous teaching experience
An overview of the Baccalaureate and Practical Nursing programs and course outlines may be obtained by contacting Amanda MacLeod in the Health Sciences department at extension 2187.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.