Infectious Diseases Care Program
St. Joseph's Hospital
Term position anticipated to extend until January 26, 2018, subject to the availability of work.
St. Joseph's Hospital continues to expand its role in the treatment of complex medical and chronic disease, illness prevention, research and education. Our ambulatory medicine teams specialize in the treatment of complex medical and chronic disease conditions with the goal of assisting individuals to reach optimal health and well-being. Our different teams work together to provide patients with comprehensive assessment, diagnosis, disease prevention and management strategies and follow up care.
The Infectious Diseases Care Program is currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner/Clinical Nurse Specialist (NP/CNS) to provide comprehensive patient care by using advanced assessment, intervention and evaluation skills. The NP/CNS will also provide clinical practice leadership and set clinical direction by incorporating best practices and research findings that promote quality patient care.
- Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse in the Extended Class
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MScN) or Masters of Nursing (MN) or health care related Master's degree
- Primary Health Care or Adult Nurse Practitioner Specialty Certificate
- Minimum three years of recent clinical experience in community or ambulatory care
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and expertise in the clinical management of HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis and Cellulitis as well as other infectious disease conditions
- Demonstrated knowledge of chronic disease management and the promotion of self-management
- Superior interpersonal, coaching and communication skills to effectively work within clinic settings
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate a facilitative teaching approach with patients/families and teams
- Demonstrated experience in conducting and/or promoting research use in practice
- Previous teaching experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Member of RNAO or NPAO with professional liability insurance
- Certification as an ACRN (AIDS Certified Registered Nurse)
Posting date: November 23, 2016
Submission deadline: November 29, 2016